Swagbucks - Sign up!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sam and Max: Season 1

From producer TellTale games comes Sam and Max: Season 1. Now, there used to be a comic from Sam and Max's creator about the pair, called Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway. And TellTale made an episodic video game series about it. (Telltale should sound familiar, I've been ranting about having to wait for their newest game, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.) So far, there are 11 episodes, 6 of which are season 1. A season 3 is also in the works, and episodes are released about monthly.

Now, I only have the first 6 episodes so far, and I have beaten the first 5. I plan on starting the 6th, "The Bright Side of the Moon" today. Season one also includes "Abe Lincoln Must Die", the highest reviewed and my personal favorite episode of season one so far.

The games are point and click adventures, where you use items you find to progress through the game. They are also INSANELY funny. I actually found myself laughing out loud a lot during the games.

The games are currently only for PC, but shall be coming to Wii as a season (or WiiWare, I'm not sure.) But you should really check it out if you like funny games.

Actually, I shall go start episode 6 now.

Official Sam and Max Site
Another Official Site, mentioned in Episode 4's credits.

No comments: